I see my mind as a tapestry woven through with memories, dreams and thoughts.

Sunday, 26 June 2011

Sunday Snippet

As Spring turns to summer and gardens blossom and bloom, I have chosen to be romantic in my choice of snippet, with a waterlily. A flower floating on water can only speak of romance.

Enjoy.




The Water Lily

'Art thou from the snowy zone
Of a mountain-summit blown,
Or the blossoms of a dream,
Fashioned in the foamy stream?'

by John B. Tabb (19th Century)
from 'A Victorian Posy' edited by Sheila Pickles





The images are from the garden of a palace on an island in the beautiful Lago Maggiore in Italy.

9 comments:

Style, She Wrote said...

Gorgeous! xo style, she wrote

K said...

Wonderful photos! The water lily would make a great painting.

steven said...

i love cming upon water lilies when i'm canoeing. it seems incredible that a flower should be floating on the surface!!! steven

aguja said...

Thank you for your comments. How magical to come across waterlilies whilst canoeing! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

♥
oh.. so nice post.)
Love your blog.))
♥
I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
1. Why did you create a blog?
2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
3. How long will it keep going?
♥

Olga said...

Both photos remind me of watercolours.

Melissa Sarno said...

This water lily picture makes me so happy. I might print it out and put it in my dreary cubicle.

aguja said...

Thank you all! I delight in Water Lillies.

Melissa, so print it out - that would be lovely and you could dream enchanted dreams in your breaks!

tinajo said...

Love the words and the pics are lovely! :-)